Congratulations on purchasing your BOLD Shaver. Here's a quick video on how to get started.
How to shave with the Bold Shave Pro 4.0 Head & Body Shaver
The Bold Shaver can be used wet or dry. Here are some tips to get the most comfortable shave:
Wash your head: Use a gentle shampoo to cleanse your scalp and remove any dirt or oil buildup. This will help prevent razor burn and ingrown hairs.
Soften your hair: If you have longer hair, consider trimming it down with the clipper attachment first. This will make it easier to shave and reduce the risk of tugging or pulling on the hair.
Apply pre-shave oil: A pre-shave oil can help lubricate your skin and reduce friction from the razor. This is more important if you have sensitive skin or not used to using a rotary shaver. The BOLD SkullGlider Shave Balm is specially formulated to protect & lubricate the skin without clogging up your shaving heads.
When you're ready to shave the head, move the shaver in smooth circular motions, back and forth over the shaving head. Let the shaving head do the work and avoid applying too much pressure
Rotary shaving heads cut the closest out of any electric shavers but may still leave a small amount of stubble (approx 0.1 - 0.3mm). If you're looking for a completely smooth result, use our cartridge razor to cut to the skin
Using the 4in1 shaving attachments
The BOLD Shaver has 4 main shaving features:
- Head shaving blade
- Clipper plus 3 combs - 3mm, 5mm, 7mm
- Precision trimmer
- Nose / ear trimmer
Changing the attachments
Ensure the machine is switched off and slot in the relevant shaving attachment, avoid screwing or applying heavy force. Press down until you hear a click and the accessory has been successfully connected to the machine. To remove the attachment, simply pull away from the machine.
Use the supplied guards to find your ideal length. The guards simply clip onto the clipper and can be removed by gently pushing away from the clipper
This attachment is ideal for shaving the edges of facial hair such as beard, moustache and sideburns. It will cut the hair to the skin so make small movements to find your ideal detailing
Nose / ear trimmer
The trimmer shouldn't be inserted more than 0.5mm into the ear or nose canal to avoid damage. Move the trimmer gently across the area
Product Maintenance and Instructions
The following guide is designed to help you get the most out of your shaver whilst protecting it from damage.
Initial safety notes
- Separate the handheld part from the power cord before cleaning in water
- The product uses a USB charging cable
- You can use a 5V USB charger such as available with mobile phones, cars, computers and other devices
- If the charger is damaged, replace it with a new one to avoid danger
- The product should be charged and stored between 5C and 35C
- Make sure the charge and charging cable are dry
- Do no plug or unplug with wet hands to avoid electric shock
- Please check if the shaving heads are damaged before use to avoid damage to your skin
- Clean the electric shaver with clean water but do not soak or submerge in water
- Do not use salt water or hot water above 60C
- Avoid using alcohol or other chemicals to clean the electric shaver
- Use the protective cover supplied with the machine to protect the shaving head between shaves
- Remove the machine from the charger after 2 hours to prolong the life of the battery and avoid overheating
- Do not store the machine in direct sunlight or near other sources of heat
How to charge
- When the display shows available time "5 minutes", the indicator light will flash showing that the battery is low on energy and needs charging (Fig 1)
- Ensuring the machine is dry, plug the USB charging cable end into the electric shaver, then connect the USB cable to the charger and plug it into the socket (Fig 2)
- When the power is turned on, the display will light up with scrolling numbers which will increase as the charging time extends, showing that it's charging (Fig 3)
- Full charging takes approximately 2 hours on a continuous charge. After full charging "FULL" and "90 min" will be displayed, showing that the shaver has been fully charged and can be used for approximately 90 minutes.
Please note, the BOLD Shaver can be used whilst it's being charged if it has enough energy but avoid using near water.
How to use
- Press the switch to turn on the shaver (Fig 5)
- Move the BOLD Shaver against the skin and start with shaving in the direction of the hair growth, repeat the motion in the opposite direction (Fig 6)
- When head shaving, we recommend using the barber clipper to remove longer hair, prior to using the head shaving blade (Fig 7)
When shaving is completed, press the switch button again to turn off the electric shaver and then cover the rotary blades with the protective cover to avoid damage to the foil.
Replace shaving heads
We recommend replacing the head shaving blades every 3-6 months, or when they get dull, to avoid irritation or poor quality shaves. You can purchase shaving head blades and subscribe here. All of our shaving heads are compatible with the BOLD 4.0 Shaver.
How to activate the travel lock
- Press and hold the on/off button for 3 seconds and the LED display will indicate that the safety lock has been activated (Fig 8)
- Repeat the process to unlock (Fig 9)
Intelligent LED display
- When the electric shaver is overloaded, it will automatically turn off. The LED display will indicate stall protection, (Fig 10). This means the shaver head should be cleaned before use
- When the tap flashes on the LED display, it indicated that the electric shaver needs to be cleaned (Fig 11)
- Before cleaning, ensure that shaver isn't connected to the charging cable and ensure the machine is turned off
- How you open the shaving head will depend on the model of shaving head blades. The Sphynx and Bold Eagle have a butterfly mechanism, pinch both sides of each shaving head to lift up and open all shaving heads (Fig 12), the central blade should also be removed by twisting clockwise (Fig 14). The BoldGlider shaving head simply separates into two pieces.
- The shaver can be washed under the running tap (Fig 13) but avoid soaking it in water for a long time
- After washing, drain any excess water, and let the shaving head air dry. Avoid using a tissue or cloth to dry the shaving head as it may cause damage to the blades
- Once dry, cover the foil shaving head with the protective cover to prevent damage and avoid accumulation of dust
- The central blade can be reinserted by putting in the middle slot and twisting anti clockwise until it clicks into place