The following guide explains how you can recycle your shaving heads and machines.
Recycling Shaving Heads and Blades
The metal blades, screws and plastic casing can technically be recycled but please check your local authority guidelines for accurate information.
Please note, dismantling the shaving heads is done at your own risk and safety precautions should be followed. Keep loose parts away from children and stored safely prior to disposal.
1. Sphynx and Bold Eagle shaving heads
- Open the compartment head and release the blade holder. The individual metal blade guards can then be removed and recycled with scrap metal.
- The plastic blade holders can be pulled out.
- You can also choose to remove the rubber casing on the back of the shaving head, remove the screws to release the plastic part that protects the mechanism. The plastic cogs can be removed and recycled with the plastic casing.
2. BoldGlider Shaving Head
- Separate the two parts of the shaving head
- Remove the rubber casing on the back of the shaving head to reveal the screws, remove the screws to release the plastic part that protects the mechanism. The plastic cogs can be removed and recycled with the plastic casing.
- Use a small screwdriver to remove the magnets by pushing them through from one side. Ensure these are stored safely ahead of disposal.
- Any remaining parts that contain plastic and metal, can't be recycled and should be disposed in general waste.
Small amounts of disused magnets can be discarded with your regular household rubbish. Larger quantities should be taken to a scrap metal recycling centre. To be sure, confirm with local authorities how the disposal of magnets is regulated in your area.
Recycling Electrical Machines
Electrical machines, including electric razors and trimmers, fall under the category of electronic waste (e-waste). E-waste contains valuable materials and harmful substances that need to be processed properly.
To recycle your Bold Shave electrical machines, find a certified electronic waste recycling centre in your area. These facilities have the expertise to handle and recycle electronic products safely.
Bold Shave recycling and upgrade scheme
We recognise that it may be more challenging for some individuals to recycle their products. That's why we offer a recycling scheme which applies to the electrical machines purchased via Bold Shave. If you're upgrading to a new machine and your current machine no longer works, you can also send this back to us. Please note this scheme doesn't include the shaving heads however we are working on a blade replacement scheme.
Please safely package your goods and mark "Recycle Scheme" on the outer package, our postal address is:
Please note you will be responsible for paying postage. However if your product is faulty and covered under warranty (12 months for electrical machines) then we can send a pre paid label.
If you have any questions or need further guidance on recycling your Bold Shave products, feel free to reach out to our customer support team.